Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Virtual Water - What Is It?

'The way we use the planet's resources makes up our ecological footprint.'

http://footprint.wwf.org.uk/


Through my research I was lead to the following website:

www.waterfoorprint.org


This website clearly explains what virtual water is:


‘…an assessment of the way that food, bio-fuel and cotton production can drive the over-abstraction and pollution of freshwater ecosystems. UK lifestyles are dependent on water from many nations, making British lives inextricably linked with what happens elsewhere.’



The organisation has done extensive research and studies into the consumption of virtual water in the UK. I found this particular aspect within the water crises very interesting as it is an issue that is not publicised as in issue in mainstream media. I therefore decided to make ‘The Government’ my client and ‘The General Public’ my target audience to produce an informative piece of multimedia to create awareness of the growing issue.

No comments: