Friday, October 31, 2008

Research - The Document

I have now decided on a sub-topic for my research project, which outlines the following issues:
  • Employability of Women in Multimedia
  • Multimedia as an industry
  • Contemporary – Women in Multimedia – the representation, under representation, roles and issues
  • Education of Multimedia / Technological subjects to Women
  • Is it a male dominated industry? Roles for men and women

I have also made a start on the research documentby writing bullet points on what I intend to cover. The document will have the following sections:

Title Page
Contents
Acknowledgements
Abstract
Contents
List of illustrations (or figures)
Chapter 1 Introduction and context
Chapter 2 Research Method
Chapter 3 Survey of literature & works
Chapter 4 Discussion
Chapter 5 Conclusion
References
Bibliography
Appendices

My next objective is to actually write the document and carry out more focused research as required within the field of the topic. I think writing the document will direct me to researching certain aspects of the topic, rather than reading a wide range of materials and then trying to define them into a document.

No comments: