Thursday, February 19, 2009

Live Client: Shoot 3 & 4: An Evaluation

These two shoots were based at a new location: Radford Primary School. I found that signing release forms was the most challenging factor. In order to simplify the process I had written my own version of the release forms for parents. However it was still complicated to explain the project and obtain signatures from parents with time constraints. We were set up fairly early in the day, which resulted in extra crew members available to help with the release forms. I learned from this process that the paperwork involved in the filmmaking process is by far one of the most influential facors in the success of a smooth shoot. I had to ensure all the details were correct and in place, including risk assessments.

Shoot 3:
Camera: Sherrilyn Lombardelli
Sound: Matthew Robinson
Production Assisstant: Janet Chu

Shoot 4:
Camera 1: Sherrilyn Lombardelli
Sound 1: Diana Sabau
Camera 2: Alex Burton
Sound 2: Matthew Robinson
Production Stills: Tom Edson

We finished both days on schedule and captured the footage that was required. The weather was not pleasent and it was raining on both days. This made me consider the implications of this happening on the day of the Play Parade. It would be very difficult to get the shots I want with bad weather conditions!

No comments: