Monday, December 15, 2008

SPP3 - Editing the Showreel



I found compiling and editing the showreel the most difficult part of the assignment. A showreel wholely reflects the artists' work and personality and also sets an impression to whoever sees it. I began with deciding on the sound to accompany and compliment the image montage. It was also difficult to represent my organisational and production management skills. As I already had a brand identity I incorporated the colour scheme and the logo.

I wanted the final showreel to have a professional and creative feel so I used a combination of still frames and videos. This was challenging to edit and ensure the timing was right. I found that establishing a rhythm in time with the music made the videos flow. It is important to keep the viewer engaged but also show enough of a particular video in order to show off skills and style. Therefore I continuously showed friends versions to make sure all the aspects were appropriate and not too long or short.

The beginning and end of the showreel are essential and leave a lasting impression. I felt that my logo and a photo of myself would introduce my personality. The last frame of the showreel had to include contact details. I decided to include my logo again to emphasise the continuity of my brand.


No comments: