Monday, December 15, 2008

SPP3 - Assignment 1 Evaluation

I thought that this assignment was challenging, interesting and useful. Whilst doing the client and the research project it is easy to forget what use all the studying will be once university is finished and I have graduated. This assignment forced me to think about myself as a Multimedia Practitioner, my current position, how I would like to represent myself and how this representation will effect my career prospects.

I found that creating a logo and colour scheme was the most useful exercise and helped me form and identity for myself which I can continue through the course of the final year, use in the exhibition and also use after graduating. I have also realised however that my showreel is a working creation and will always have scope to be expanded on or improved. This is also applicable to my logo, however consistency can prove to be effective especially in the industry.

I would like to continue adding to my showreel as I will collect material from other projects. In addition to this I would like to develop my online portfolio into a hosted website with a personal domain and access to upload videos. I feel that this project can be expanded further by creating business cards with contact details and my web address. This can be seen as a form of easily distributing access to myself and my work as well as portray a professional working practise.

No comments: