Tuesday, December 09, 2008

SPP – End of Year Exhibition & Electronic Portfolio

As part of our final year we are given the option to take part in an end of year exhibition. The main purpose of this is to showcase ourselves and our work to professionals in the industry. This will create networking opportunities and also a chance to ‘sell ourselves’ to potential employers.

This links in with the first SPP3 assignment which includes an electronic portfolio and a written catalogue entry that can be published in an exhibition handbook. Considering most of my work is in an audio-visual format a digital Showreel would be the most ideal and appropriate format of an electronic proposal. An online portfolio would also complement this and can be targeted to a wider audience through the World Wide Web.

Although I lack skills in web developing there are many programmes and online avenues through which I can create an online portfolio with minimum programming experience. This has really made me think about how I want to brand myself as a multimedia practitioner and what how I want to represent myself.

No comments: