Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Client Proposal Presentation

For my presentation I started off by showing the pilot film to introduce the subject, establish the characters and also show the style I am aiming for. I then went through slides with key points about the proposal as a guide. I felt the presentation went well and my confidence in talking in front of groups of people is improving. I received the following feedback from staff and peers:


  1. Structure: define further in terms of what each section will represent. Instead of beginning, middle and end use establish subject and problem, climax, find solution, conclusion (what happens now) and resolution.
  2. Pilot was clear and concise, showed the subject and style well. Last shot of the pilot however was not good and should not have been used. The pilot represents your skills and ability and should therefore not include anything that is shot poorly.
  3. Ensure clarity of exact shots for the production crew.
  4. In the pilot some of the shots were not technically correct. Make sure interviews are done at eye-level and framed correctly.
  5. Ensure same aspect ratio is used for all filming. I had captured some of the footage in 4:3 and rectified this after handing in the proposal. I showed the corrected version for my presentation.
  6. Advised to use children as a means of telling the story, keep the theme running visually - giving children a voice - don't get carried away allowing adults to talk about play expectations and experiences.
I felt that presenting my idea to people was a beneficial exercise as it forced me to know my proposal inside out. This also gives me the chance to receive constructive criticism from individuals with experience in audio-visual production.

No comments: