Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Digital Sketch Book

After researching the Sanskrit words, I realised that I couldn't interpret them or develop them into images for my Image Essay. I read the poem again and Part 1 - Burial of the Dead came across to me as a subject or topic that I could develop into interesting images.
This part of the poem is mainly about death, however it uses many words that describe and remind me of 'Nature'. For Example:
  • Dead Land
  • Roots
  • Rain
  • Earth
  • Snow
  • Sun
  • Mountains
  • Dead Tree
  • Dry Stone
  • Sound of Water
  • Evening
  • Garden
  • Water
  • Dawn

I intend to base my Image Essay around the idea of Nature; using the above words in images as connotations and denotations.

Connotation - A literal meaning of the word

Denotation - an association (emotional or otherwise) which the word evokes

/http://www.arts.uottawa.ca/writcent/hypergrammar/conndeno.html 17/01/07

No comments: