Monday, May 18, 2009

PRP: Artefact 3 - The Test

I attended the film festival and had a conversation with:
Holly Gromasio – Pervasive Games Designer
Sarah Blow – Founder of Girl Geeks
Rachel Millward – Birds Eye View Founder
Mary Harron – Film Director
Kate Kinninmont – WFTV Chief Executive
Jeanie Finlay – Film Director

I watched screenings of:
The Age of Stupid – Franny Armstrong
Frozen River – Courtney Hunt
International Shorts – Various Women Directors
UK Shorts – Various Women Directors

I gathered the following quotes:
–“You have to pretend to be who you want to be before you become it” Mary Harron
–“How do I become part of this world?”
–“What matters is getting your way!”
–“I don’t think you should have to make a choice”
–“They’re not in the big time”
–“I’d like to think that I might make 4 feature films in a year. But whether I can or not …”
–“They have a single-minded unquestioning will to become a director”
–“You’ve got to have the balls to do something, make things happen”

I learned that:
6% of film directors in the UK are women
16% of games designers are women

No comments: