Thursday, March 26, 2009

SPP3: Showreel Content

The aim of the showreel was to represent myself and my work in an audiovisual piece no longer than 3 minutes. Over the three years of studying Multimedia I have gathered a portfolio of work in different areas of the audiovisual pathway. Most of all I have had the opportunity this year to work on projects directed by peers. Compared to my first showreel in December I had a range of videos to show my versatility as a practitioner. In addition to my directing and producing ability I was able to highlight my skills in following direction and fulfilling roles like camera operator, sound and camera assistants. Below is an outline of the content of my showreel:

  1. Introduction - Who I Am and What I Do
  2. Street Play - Community Documentary - Producer & Director
  3. What NTU Can Do For You - Promotional Video - Sound & Camera Assistant
  4. Holding Pattern - Short Film - Producer & Director
  5. Indian Women - Canvas Installation - Photographer & Director
  6. No Knives? Positive Lives! - Youth Documentary - Camera Operator
  7. Iranian Women - Video Installation - Director
  8. Sketching in the Nature - Digital Sketchbook - Camera Operator
  9. Green Kutchh - Environmental Documentary - Producer & Researcher
  10. Outro - My Contact Detail
In my first showreel I had concentrated on the design of the transitions and the brand of the showreel. With the feedback I decided to focus on the actual video content and toned down the transitions. I thought the simplicity would be more effective. I also highlighted exactly what each video was and what role I had in the production, this was something that wasn't clear in the first showreel. However I decided to keep the brand consistent by using the colour scheme of black, blue and white and I also kept my logo the same as I felt it represented my personality well.

No comments: