Friday, November 07, 2008

Simulated Client: Production - The Shoot

Virtual Water - Film Shoot 05/11/2008



Overall the shoot went really well and we finished ahead of schedule. I picked up the equipment on Tuesday 4th Nov and tested it that evening to make sure everything was working properly. This also gave me a chance to set up the lighting and tripod in advance to save time on the day of the shoot. Whilst testing the lights I found it very difficult to position the lights correctly to achieve a balanced shot.





For the main shoot I used 3-point lighting (image below) that involved a key, fill and back light. At first I attempted to position the key and back lights towards the subject, however after altering them slightly they worked better pointed up at the cieling. Therefore all three lights acted as fill lights, I think this was due to the bright white background behind the dustbin.




The position of the camera didn't change much and there were many scenes that ivolved various shots with the same framing but different props. As I had extra time I also took some different angled shots for choice during post-production, even though I hadn't planned to in my storyboard.




Amanpreet helped me with the sound and the actress Nina Richardson was from MA Fashion. She had also had some experience with lighting for her photography shoots and gave her creative input at some points.



No comments: